Friday, September 26, 2008

Work Woes

Posted Wednesday, May 14, 2008 9:49 AM
Last year, I finally found the job I had been looking for. It was exactly what I wanted, great hours, good benefits, decent $$ (compared to what I had been making in my temp. job after the company I was working for shut it's doors) and right in town (5 minutes from our home). At the time, I was temporarily covering a maternitiy leave, so it was a year of uncertainty about my future, but then I finally got the word that they were happy to make me permanent.
Now, almost a year and a half after I started, I realize, this is not what I want to be doing. I know that I am better than this position. I know that there are much more fulfilling jobs out there.... and there is definately more money to be made. However, I don't know what else to do. My high honors college diploma in police sciences is sitting in storage at my Mums, doing nothing, and I'm not sure that I want to have anything to do with it. I don't have training or experience in anything other than what I am currently doing, and I'm not going to leave here to go do the same thing somewhere else.
I don't want to sound pitiful. I am not miserable in my job, but I want to explore my other options.... I just don't even know where to start. And I couldn't have picked a worse time because we are going to be buying a house in the next couple of months.... but I don't want to get stuck in a dead end job at such a young age. I guess I'll just have to see how it plays out.

No comments: