Friday, September 26, 2008

My husband's got a hidden sensitive streak!

Posted Monday, June 23, 2008 8:33 AM
We moved out of our apartment this weekend. Surprisingly we got most of it done on Friday night with the exception of our bedroom. I think we kind of did that on purpose so that we could spend one more night there. Saturday we finished everything up moving wise and spent our first night at my MIL's. It was OK, but weird. I don't quite feel at home there, even though I basically lived their when we were younger and just dating.... but it still feels strange. I noticed little things bothering me like the bedroom door squeeks (which sounds SUPER loud when you get up to go pee in the middle of the night) and the light is in a weird place so it's hard for me to read in bed. My husband was bothered on by how much blue there is in her kitchen. He reached up to get a glass (which are all blue) and looked at me and said "there's so much friggin' blue in here" with a disgusted look on his face. It was at that point that I started laughing and said "ok honey, we're already super bitter about being here and it hasn't even been 12 hours. We need to relax and keep telling ourselves its a means to and end instead of having these mini temper tantrums. They'll only make us feel worse". We both laughed then because we knew we were being childish and moved on to other things.
Yesterday we went back the our apartment in the morning to clean and get the last bit of garbage etc. out. We at breakfast on the floor together and then got to work. I was fighting tears all morning and DH kept trying to say sweet things to comfort me. It only took about an hour to get it done (it's amazing how much faster you clean when there's no obstacles). Brad took the last garbage down and came up as I was closing up the bedroom window. I turned around as he walked in the room and he had the most heart-breaking look on his face.... like a guy trying desperately not to cry. He was fighting a pout and his chin was quivering and his eyes were all big and watery! He came across the room and grabbed me up into a bear hug and I could feel him sobbing against me. This of course made me cry so we just stood in our bedroom and cried together for a little while. Neither of us wanted to leave. We walked around the apartment together one more time. It was really, really hard to walk out the door that last time. He went to the office to give the keys back to our super, but I had to go right to the car. I didn't want to cry like a baby in front of him. Then we drove away. It felt really really sad. But finally I said to him that I still didn't regret the decision and that in the end we were doing the right thing by speeding up the house process. He agreed that he had no regrets either. So, we went a got drunk! :) We only meant to meet his Dad and step-mom for 1 beer. We even had frozen food in the trunk to prove we hadn't meant to be long, but one beer led to another and another and before you knew it we were both a little tipsey. We laughed about it, went "home" and made a good dinner and had a nap while it was cooking. We went to bed early because we were both exhausted.
Now we'll just have to see how the next little while plays out. DH is working nights today, tomorrow and Wednesday. This means that I am alone at his mothers all three nights. It will be an interesting test.
However, once we get through this first week... we're FINALLY going on vacation! We're leaving on a jet plane on Friday night and the timing couldn't be better..... I CAN'T WAIT! The true test will be once we get back, but if we stay positive, I think we'll be fine! :)

No comments: