Friday, September 26, 2008

Sorting it Out

Posted Friday, September 26, 2008 8:38 AM
Meeting went great with the lawyer last night. We only ended up owing $516.99 in closing costs (WOW) so she will take a regular cheque from us. It was nice to scratch that worry off my list.
I'm so excited because we had all this money saved for closing costs and now we have a bunch left over! DH wants to buy a new plasma TV. We have a great 51" right now, but its rear projection and apparently that's sooooooo 2 years ago (DH works at a major electronics company so we have to stay up to date with all this stuff). I actually wanted a new TV anyways because the liviing room is small and the TV will take up WAY too much space, but there are other things I wanted to do to the house. Like I was thinking we should save this money to put new shingles on in the spring, my friends Dad is going to fix the body of our car for $350 (really cheap) so we could pay him and get it done with enough time to go have it oiled afterwards before the winter, we need a lawnmower, I want to get the furnace serviced before the cold weather. I don't know... none of that stuff is very fun, but it's necessary. We'll have to talk it out this weekend.
Everything is signed and ready to go, so now I just wait for the call to go get the keys. I'm soooo excited I can't stand it! I'll have pics on Monday hopefully.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: