Friday, September 26, 2008

Frustrated beyong belief.... I give up!

Posted Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:17 PM
I'm gonna cry. I feel so overwhelmed and so frustrated right now.DH and I are trying to get some information about mortgages so that we know exactly what we can afford and can get a pre-approval to start hardcore house shopping. However, we can't get any one who is willing to help us more than to say... fill out this form online and then we'll take it from there. I don't even know what these forms are. The pre-approval forms have mandatory fields for the value of the property you want to purchase and the mortgage amount. I DON'T KNOW THESE THINGS... THAT"S WHAT I WANT TO FIGURE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That and, I'm not necessarily going to want to go with the first person who says "yes, we'll give you a loan" because it may not be the best rate. I just need someone to sit me down and say, ok, your first step is "ba dum" and then if the outcome is "x" your next step is "such and so", if the outcome of step one is "y" then the next step is "yadda yadda". I don't want 1000 hits on my credit score and blah blah. I feel lost. I feel like I'm walking around bling.
DH is NO help at all. He's not a decision maker and knows that I am so he leaves all this stuff to me knowing that I will just do it. I finally broke down a couple of weeks ago and told him that I needed his help with all of this and he said "I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say when I call these people". I freaked and said "neither do I!!!!! I'm trying to figure that out just as much as you are! So why should it fall on me." He then tells me that he'll help me. So he starts pulling real-estate listing etc. Well that's great but I already know how to do that. It's the mortgage thing that's the issue. There's no point in house shopping if we can't get a mortgage. So yesterday he calls me at work and says that a mortgage consultant had left a voicemail and that we should set up an appointment with her, but that we should wait until he gets to work because he needs to know his schedule for the week. I agreed, but he just calls me to tell me his schedule instead of just calling her back and setting up an appointment. I just called him and said "did you call Kimberly back or can you?" and he says no because he had to get ready for work. It pisses me off so bad that I either have to do it myself, or MAKE him do it. He doesn't ever have the initiative to do it himself. The man makes me crazy. I'm seriously really pissed off at him right now... more so than I have ever been. This is the largest purchase we'll ever make and he's willing to let it fall on my shoulders.
update: he just called me and said "I can call her if you want". He only did it because he knew I was pissed at the end of our last conversation so I said "I thought you didn't have time" and he says "well I guess I do" in his tiny little I know I'm in s**t voice. So I said yes, to please call her and he then has the balls to say "okay... what do I say to her". My blood immediately started boiling and I said "you know what, I can't do this right now" and hung up. I refuse to fight over the phone while I'm at work and everyone can hear. I just want to shake him and say "are you expecting me to be your mommy and take care of you forever?" Your an adult for god sakes! Think about it for a second and you'll know what you need to ask this woman. Like "hi, I want to buy a house, can you help me with that?" GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S**t is going to hit the fan tonight. I'm not answering his calls for the rest of the day because I can't handle itl.

No comments: