Friday, September 26, 2008

Baby Fever

Posted Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:25 AM
Oh my god I want a baby. Reading the blogs from Julia and Mandy makes that need even stronger. The excitement of the whole thing is just something that I can't wait to experience.
We constantly talk about how many we want, we throw names back and forth (and have two full boys names and one full girls name picked out), we plan how we'll tell each of our parents (trying to come up with cool/unique ways), anytime we're in a store that sells baby furniture etc., we look and pick out what we like and I'm obsessed with watching Baby Story and Bring Home Baby on TLC. I also love reading the pregnancy/birth stories on TheNestBaby (aka thebump). I dream ALL THE TIME about having babies, being pregnant and being a mom. Every time I drive by the local hospital I think "I can't wait until it's our turn to be in there having our first baby" and I play out going in to labour in my head, all the "it's time" phone calls that Bub will have to make, and wonder if I will have a short labour, a long labour, a complicated labour etc. I even think about it in terms of seemingly unrelated planning like when we buy a new car this fall, it will have to be a four door so we can easily get a car seat in and out. It literally consumes me most of the day. I'm so excited and I can't wait.
But....we're not ready yet. We need to buy a house first (which we plan to do ASAP this fall). I want to be at my goal weight so that I can be as healthy as possible going in to my pregnancy (for my sake as well as for the baby) and so that I can watch the pregnancy progress right away. I HAVE to quit smoking. I plan to do just that ASAP. We need to have some $$ in the bank because we will not be able to live on 55% of my salary for a year considering I am the major bread-winner. I want to go on a tropical vacation first since we've never been on one (although, I doubt it will happen with everything else we need to do in the next little while).
I don't know how much longer I can wait. I've told DH that once we're in a house with two empty bedrooms, it will be really hard for me not to want to fill them with babies! :) He agrees. But, we'll be smart about it. We're young, we got married young and we have time. Still... I can't change how I feel, and I definately have baby fever.
I'm so excited for those of you who are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or have children all ready. It's so amazing!!

No comments: