Friday, September 26, 2008

Weight Loss and The New Mr. and Mrs. T

Posted Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:08 PM
In September of 2007 I realized that we were in trouble. Brad weighed over 340lbs and I weighed over 210lbs. There was a moment when I realized that something had to be done. We were both the biggest we had ever been and it scared me.
So we started to walk together for 30 minutes every night after work and really started watching, not so much what, but how much we were eating. Our walks started as a weight loss activity, but now its when we catch-up with eachother and talk about our days. Also, if one of us has had a bad day, the work out takes some of that stress away so that by the time we get home, we're not taking it out on eachother at the dinner table.

Brad looks amazing... we have no idea how much weight he has lost, but my guess is somewhere in the 45-60lbs mark. I have lost 37lbs and I am still losing. It's amazing how much difference the little changes made, and it really hasn't been all that hard.

It has been great for our relationship, brought us closer together (literally... I can put my arms all the way around Bub now) and we are both feeling great. I have about 30lbs left to go... and Bubba, well he's gonna keep going until he feels great. It's an exciting thing and I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

No comments: