Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm freaking out, but in an ok way this time!

Posted Tuesday, September 02, 2008 11:30 AM
So, our home inspection went well. There are no major problems that need to be fixed right away. What was really nice to hear is that what does need to be fixed can all be done by our friends and family who have experience in construction/renovating. This includes our roof (which the inspector told us does not have to be done before winter and that we would probably get another couple of years out of it). DH's uncle said "oh no, don't hire any one. We'll do it next spring or summer". I was so relieved and he's not just a DIY nobody. He knows what he's talking about and built his house from the ground up.
I have major questions about the mortgage paperwork that we received on Friday before we sign anything. It looks ok, but I want to make sure I understand it 100% and that we can give them everything that they are requesting before we waive our financing condition and sign any financial docs. I emailed my questions to our broker on Friday, but she hasn't got back to me yet. I better hear from her soon.
Our insurance company is giving us problems. They wanted a crap load of seemingly irrelevant information before they would quote us. One of our conditions is that we find acceptable home insurance. This is the 3rd of the three conditions that we only have until tomorrow night (Wed) to waive. They told us on Friday to call them back today (Tues) with the info and that they could probably have a quote by EOB tomorrow (Wed)! I said "no, no... we have to waive our conditions by Wednesday at the latest. We can't wait that long. So they said ok... we'll get it to you Wednesday through the day. So DH is going to give them a call today and tell them that we have another quote coming through and that we have to go with whoever gets back to us first with a good rate.
So, we're down to the wire waiting to hear back from two different people and it's stressing me out!!!!!! I hope we can get everything firmed up tonight so I'm not freaking out all day tomorrow that we'll get it done on time. I am feeling better about the purchase. I do still have moments of "what the hell are we doing... we can't afford this" but in general I'm feeling good about it. I'll just feel so much better when the mortgage broker gets back to me and answers my questions and when the insurance company gets their butts in gear and gets a quote together. I'll be able to relax a bit more then. Grrrr.... I can't wait to get these next two days over with.

No comments: