Friday, September 26, 2008

Where did all the excitement go???

Posted Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:08 PM
So, tomorrow's closing day, and all the excitement that I've felt over the last couple of weeks (and especially days) is dwindling to basically non-existent.
WTF?
Here's why I'm freaking out....
1. We go to sign all the paperwork tonight w/ the lawyer and I'm freaking out about paying her. Not because we don't have the $$, we do (and we assume it's enough), but thinking about actually HOW I am going to pay her. I read today that lawyers generally request certified cheques, which I can't get because I have one of those no fee bank accounts with a bank that doesn't have actual branches, so to get a money order I have to order it and it takes 5-7 business days. I talked to my lawyer today and she said "you can pay however you want" but I don't think she was fully listening to me. Why didn't I think of this before?
2. I don't know when I first mortgage payment comes out. I'm pretty sure I remember from grade 10 math that it comes out a month after you move in, but I'm not sure AND I don't know when the MPP payment will come out or if it's built into the payment now (I'm pretty sure it is, but I'm not 100%). Why didn't I think to ask this question BEFORE????
Being "pretty sure" was good enough for a while, until today, when I started thinking that when it comes to this stuff of this caliber.... be DAMN SURE! I don't know what my problem is... I'm so particular about details usually (to the point where it annoys people), but for whatever reason this stuff slipped my mind.
Oh well... one way or another it will all be over in just over 24 hours. If I don't get a chance to blog tomorrow, have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: