Friday, September 26, 2008

It's always a question of $$

Posted Monday, January 28, 2008 3:46 PM
Everyone has told me how LUCKY we are to be married so young and not have to rush in to having babies, or really settling down yet. There are so many things that we want to do, like travel to Europe, go on a Caribbean vacation, see the Rockies/ Western Canada, go white water rafting, I want to get my skydiving certification... and the list goes on and on! We also REALLY want to buy a little house out in the country (those that live in Canada will understand what I am about to say..... all I want is an RR address). We are so torn. First, people are telling us to buy ASAP, because the longer you rent, the more money you are wasting... but those same people tell us that we need to travel while we can, before we have babies and "settle-down". We can't do both!!!!!! We can hardly afford one option, nevermind doing it all. I have this feeling that once we buy a house, that's kind of it.... it's time to get down to "real life". As much as I want to travel etc. I REALLY want a house to.
With the limitations of money, we can't do a lot of travelling all at once, it has to be spread out so that we have time in between to save.... and we are lucky that we can do that, but how many years will it take to get our travelling etc. done so that we can buy a house?
I'm just caught between doing the things that I have always wanted to do... and doing the one thing that will throw me/us into the real world, but that we both want so badly.
I guess that's life huh? Welcome to adulthood! :)

No comments: