Friday, September 26, 2008

1 down, 2 to go!

Posted Friday, August 29, 2008 10:30 AM
I just got a call from our mortgage broker.... our financing is approved and we got a great rate! I was scared because the type of mortgage we were applying for usually adds a couple of points to make up for the 0% down. Well, that didn't happen!!! Yay! I hope we can lock in for a while at this rate because it's really good.
She said she was sending me the paperwork while we were on the phone, but I still haven't received it. I just called her and left a voicemail with my work email so that I'll know right away when the email arrives, but I'm still waiting. Grrrr. I just want to look at the fine print, the term, the payment details etc.
So that's 1 of our 3 conditions met. We have the home inspection tonight (condition # 2) and then I have to call the insurance broker to make sure we can get good home insurance (condition # 3). Once those things are done, we can firm up our sale and then we just have to wait until closing. I hope that the home inspection goes well and that he doesn't find a lot of big problems.
I'm feeling better about the whole thing now. I'm still really nervous, but not in such a negative way as before. It's now starting to become an excited nervous. However, I will be happy when all of this is OVER! It's the most stressful thing I have ever been through.

No comments: