Friday, September 26, 2008

Real-Estate Agents are Sucky!

Posted Tuesday, July 15, 2008 4:38 PM
Ok, ok... most of them aren't, but the one I am trying to deal with right now DEFINATELY is. I've been trying to get a hold of her for over 2 weeks about a house that I want to take a look at (she's the listing agent, as we do not have our own agent yet). Finally yesterday, she leaves a voicemail on my cell and it's as follows:
"Ashley.......(long pause).... it's Jane Doe. I'm returning your call AGAIN. Call me at 000-0000. Good bye". It's very, very snarky and short and her tone makes me want to grind my teeth together.
Returning my call "AGAIN"? This is the first time I have heard back from her. She's has 3 phone numbers to call me at (home, work and cell) and two email addresses (work and private). I've had no other messages and went through my inbound calls and don't see anything from her. Grrrrrrr! I was shocked when I heard it and played it for my boss who was totally shocked as well and basically said "EFF that!!!! She's working for you, not the other way around". So, needless to say, I won't be using her directly and will be contacting the office that holds the listing for my own agent instead. I wonder if the seller knows that their agent doesn't return multiple calls and emails for two weeks and then is completely NASTY with potential buyers? If I wasn't so in love with this perfect little house (pics in an earlier blog), I would say "screw it" and move on to something else.

No comments: