Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm going to be a homeowner

Posted Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:39 AM
They officially accepted our offer yesterday. We went in last night to sign-off and give the deposit ($1000 gone already). We now have 5 days to get our financing and insurance solidified as well as have an acceptable home inspection. This is proving to be a frustrating process, so I will be happy one way or the other when these 5 days are over. If any of that doesn't work out to our benefit, we can walk away... the cool part is, they can't! I'm still freaking out but it's getting a little bit better. What I can tell you 100% for sure that I am ready to be done dealing with our real-estate agent. I really liked her in the beginning but there's just something about her now that drives me crazy. I shouldn't be that way because she kicked in $1000 towards our house (off of her commission) because we wouldn't go any higher and the seller wouldn't come any lower. She didn't have to do this so it was really nice of her to do just because she "really wanted us to get this great house" (right- I know the real-estate game) but I still have a sour taste in my mouth about her for some reason. DH thinks I'm nuts and likes her, but my intuition says there is just something. I won't be recommending her to anyone... but I wouldn't say not to use her either. I'll just keep quiet about her.
After we signed the paperwork, we went for our anniversary dinner at The Keg. We were going to go somewhere fancy pants, but we love The Keg so that's where we ened up. I thought I wasn't hungry (still feeling nauseous over this house decision) but man did I eat once we got there!! I had 2 pieces of bread, half a ceasar salad (we shared), the insides of a baked potatoe with butter and salt (I couldn't eat the skin) and steak with Chipotle sauce, herbed cream cheese and onions!! DH said "hmmmm... you did ok for someone who wasn't hungry when we got here". I wanted dessert too, but knew that I shouldn't. Dinner made me feel better because we talked about what we were most excited about with the house. DH is excited about the garage (why I'm not sure because he's not one of THOSE guys) and the yard. I'm excited about having a library/office, the yard, the fireplace/mantle and about having a dishwasher!!!!! We're both most excited to get out of his mom's house. 2 months have been more than enough. It will be 3 by the time closing comes. We miss our little apartment desperately.
So.... I'm feeling ok today, just trying to get appointments made for mortgage, inspection etc. It's frustrating, but it's keeping me busy. If all goes through we close on our first house on Sept. 26. Fingers crossed that everything works out!

No comments: