Friday, September 26, 2008

Rollercoaster Baby Baby!

Posted Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:43 AM
No, I'm not having a baby :) I see how the title could be misleading.
Last night we got a verbal acceptance on our offer for the house. Their lowest was 2k more than the absolute highest we wanted to spend. Our agent and their agent made up the difference. I am on such a rollercoaster of emotions right now. I'm super excited one minute and totally panicking the next minute. I also go back and forth between thinking what a great deal it is for the lot, house condition, area etc. and then thinking we should have held out longer because eventually the would have had to come down more (but we were afraid to lose it and they were really sticking to their guns). However, we still have to get their signed acceptance and then we have 5 days to get a home inspection and firm up our financing. If either of those things are unacceptable to us, we can walk away from the deal. I think that is the only thing keeping me totally sane now is that we're not necessarily stuck in this if we find something we don't like. It's just really hard to deal with being literally at the very tip top of your price range.
We went over our budget again and again last night. Paying the bills shouldn't be an issue, it will just means there won't be a whole lot left over for a while. We just know that this house is a really good buy and will get better resale than any of the others we looked at but I'm still freaking out.
We've wanted to buy since a year before the wedding and now that it's actually happening I'm unsure about it. I called my mom this morning (who has been super excited for us over this whole process) and told her they had verbally accepted and all she said was "oh... interesting. Well, good!". This did not instill a lot of confidence in me and our decision. Especially since this was coming from my mom who is alway super supportive.
All this and it's our 2nd Anniversary today. I wish I could just be 100% happy about it, because it's a pretty awesome anniversary gift to give eachother. But, I'm just too nervous to be happy.
DH left me a card on the bed side table this morning... it said something to the effect of "Someday we'll look back on this crazy time in our life and wonder how we did it. But we'll know that if we had to do it over again, we wouldn't change a thing because we can do it together". It's so appropiate for what's going on right now and it made me smile. I just wish I didn't feel so nauseous.
I guess I better go and get ready for a crazy few weeks.

No comments: