Friday, September 26, 2008

C'est Le Weekend

Posted Friday, June 13, 2008 10:20 AM
All I can say is TGIF! I didn't really get much of a break last weekend because I was in the office babysitting the workers who were installing the new workstations. It was voluntary and I get additional time off in lieu, but it was still working on the weekend (which I haven't done in 1.5 years).
This weekend may not be much better rest wise, but it will be much more fun. The annual Townsend Games are tomorrow in which my husbands Dad's side of the family (6 brothers and all their children and grandchildren) get together for a round of golf, a card tournament and a 3rd event which changes every year (frisbee golf, horseshoes, wash toss). The women eat and get drunk, so it's usually a good time. Theres prizes and great food. So that will be my fun day tomorrow as long as my mother-in-law (DH's step-mother) behaves. I think she's angry with us for some reason, but I don't know why. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Sunday is going to be dedicated to packing and moving. We agreed to be out of our apartment by next weekend so we can get settled at my MIL's before our vacation. I wanted to have a storage unit by the start of June so we could move stuff out slowly, but I haven't had the motivation to do it yet. So, Sunday is the day because we only have a week.
I'm trying to stay positive about the move... so I decided to make a list of the pros of staying with my MIL for the summer:
We get to easily save the $$ we need to buy a house and get some credit cards paid down.
It's the summer, and we're rarely home anyways in the nice weather so we won't be cooped up with her.
CENTRAL AIR! Our apartment only had air in the bedroom... it will be awesome to have it in the whole house.
A yard for my dog so that I don't have to physically go outside with her every time she has to pee and she can run and play much more.
It's only 3-5 months and it will be good to give my MIL some help keeping her house up for that time.
My list of CONS is a little bit larger, but in keeping with the theme of being positive about it I'm not going to list them.
I have to think positive to make it positive. The end with justify the means! :)

No comments: