Friday, September 26, 2008

MIA- catch-up

Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 2:16 PM
So we've been on another mini vacation and therefore I have missed out on the blogs for the past little while. Apparently I picked a really bad time to go because I seem to have missed a lot! Instead of commenting on all the blogs individually, which would take forever, I wanted to comment on what I thought was the happiest piece of info.... MandyE's twin news! That's amazing! I was shocked to read back and see your announcement. CONGRATULATIONS! That's sooo great! I'm glad your both so excited about it.
Our vacay was excellent. Our friends got married, and we partied at their beautiful wedding on Saturday night and then off to Muskoka on Sunday with DH to meet my family (sister, newphew, mom, step-dad) at a cottage that my mom rents form her friends once a year. We had great weather except for the last day, but it was OK because we were all so tired we slept most of the day. I did a lot of reading, had a long nap every day and did tons of swimming and lounging in the sun. My nephew and his buddy found a cool spot on an island across from the cottage to jump off into the water. I thought this was a great idea until I didn't push off hard enough to clear the rocks directly below and smashed my left knee and right heel on my second jump. I'm just glad I hadn't gone head first. I had to swim back across the lake using only my arms. Not a great way to spend the afternoon. All in all though, it was really nice.
Now I'm back at work for two days, busy, busy, busy playing catch-up. Tomorrow right after work we are heading up to our cottage for the long-weekend, for only the third time this season. I hope that the weather is nice because the last two times it has friggin' poured rain. I haven't even been in the water up there yet. This summer has been so weird weather wise. So... for all you Canadians, enjoy the upcoming long-weekend and keep your fingers crossed for good weather. ENJOY!

No comments: