Friday, September 26, 2008

No Turning Back

Posted Thursday, May 01, 2008 1:52 PM
So we've done it! We gave our 60 days notice at the apartment this morning with May's rent!
I'm so sad to be leaving my little apartment haven. It was the first place that my husband and I officially lived together and we moved in right after the wedding, so it has a lot of great memories. I'm not looking forward to the last time I walk out that door. I'm gonna be a basket case! But... this is a HUGE step in the right direction for us.
As difficult as it will be to stay with my mother-in-law for the next 3-5 months, it will so be worth it when the put the keys to my first house in my hands. We could have done it staying at the apartment, but this will allow us to have some $$ in the bank when we buy and to clean up some debts.
I have some concerns about the next few months... and how it will work being a married couple staying with "the mother" but we're together and we're working towards something that is so important to both of us.
So, cleaning, sorting and packing begins this weekend. We'll rent a storage unit for June 1 so that we can slowly start moving stuff out as we're on vacation at my Dad's for the last week of June and will therefore have to be completely moved before we go. I want to take as little as possible to my mother-in-laws so that we're not over crowding the house (and... so we can't get too comfortable! lol) so we plan to take our clothes etc. and our bed. Everything else is going to storage for now.
It's a strange feeling that I have right now. I'm excited and nervous, happy and sad. But I know we've made the right decision for us! Thanks for all the suggestions and opinions on my first blog on this topic. I appreciate it so much.

No comments: