Friday, September 26, 2008

What is the world coming to?

Posted Tuesday, August 05, 2008 1:59 PM
WARNING: this is not a story for the faint hearted. Please follow this link with caution.
This link is to a newspaper story about a brutal murder that happened in Manitoba last week: http://www.thestar.com/article/470913. It made me so angry that I had to post about it.
When I first heard this story I was at work and my boss called me in to her office to show me the news feed. When I got back to my desk I had to fight off tears and a lump in my throat. This poor kid was brutally attacked (and I think you will agree the brutal puts it mildely... this was a SICK) for absolutely no reason. It seems to be a horrible case of "the wrong place at the wrong time". And now, his life is over and his family has to bury this boy, who had so much ahead of him. For what? The psychotic actions of one man. It makes me sick. NO.... beyond sick! I hope to god that there were no children on the bus to witness this whole ordeal. It would be hard enough as one of the adults to deal with it. They have to live with that memory for the rest of their lives. It makes me furious that one man can so severely alter the lives of 30 some other people (+) in the matter of seconds. His decisions will haunt all of those people forever.
It makes me sad that stories like these seem to become more and more common. I hope to god that my family/friends are never affected directly by something like this and I hope that those affected in this case can move on and lead good and happy lives. I'm thinking about them.

No comments: