Friday, September 26, 2008

Now We're Getting Somewhere

Posted Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:48 AM
We FINALLY have an appointment to actually go and see a human being about a mortgage this afternoon. I have to leave work early, but my boss is cool with it. She knows we've been having trouble with this so when I said I could come back when I was done if necessary to make-up the time she just told me not to worry about it and to do what I need to. I'm excited that the ball is finally rolling, but I'm nervous too. What if they won't give us a mortgage? Then what? I've only be at MIL's for two months and I'm going nuts... I need privacy and space and I need DH to myself! I can't stay there long-term. I shouldn't borrow trouble. We'll cross that bridge if we come to it.
It's time to start looking for a second job too. I told myself I would pick up a part time gig (which is easy to do because my full-time gig is monday-friday 8-430 and doesn't change) this fall for the winter. Just to get ahead of some credit card debt and help out for the first couple of months we're in a house. It's not fun, but I've done it before and the extra cash is really nice. I'm actually kind-of looking forward to it. I hope I find something cool... like at a book store or something! hmmm... maybe I better not, because I might spend everything I make before I make it home! :)
I'm so excited... I have a good feeling about this afternoon. I hope I can go in and ask intelligent questions so we can make an informed decision about the biggest purchase we'll ever make! Wish me luck!

No comments: