Friday, September 26, 2008

Dreaming of the Country

Posted Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:52 AM
So we're a couple days in to our 3-5 months of staying with my MIL. So far it's been OK. DH has been working evenings so I have been shopping after work, (for our vacation) with $$ that I don't have, and therefore putting charges on my credit card that I have worked so hard to pay down. However, it's necessary. We've both lost weight and have no clothes. So, it's either rack up the credit cards or go naked! I took my dog for a long walk out in the country yesterday and then went to my nephews baseball game. I'm OK as long as I keep busy.
Last night, when I was walking my dog out on the old rail trail I realized how desperately I want to buy a house in the country. A little background on me: growing up, I lived with my parents in town in a regular suburban sub-division. But, my grand-parents had a 220 acre farm about 15 minutes outside of town where we spent most of our time. DH and I have lived in the city since since we got married (my grand-parents have since sold their farm) but I'm itching to get back out to the country. I don't need a lot of property, I just need a farmer who has a lot of acerage to sever me like 0.5 of an acre on the corner of his property. I like having a back porch where you walk out in the afternoon and see green fields for miles and mature forest. I love the CALM of the country. The feeling of sitting in your back yard and feeling like your on your own little corner of the world. I LOVE IT and I can't wait to have it! I have this dream of a wrap around porch with a hammock chair for reading... spending my afternoons outside engrossed in a great book (I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I love to read). No traffic noise, just country quiet. I CAN'T WAIT!I have the typical "big city office job" and really enjoy the hussle of every day, but I need the quiet and calm at home.

No comments: