Friday, February 13, 2009

When it rains, it pours.

I took my car to the shop yesterday and he said it doesn't look like anything is wrong but that the sensor (or something... I'm not a car person) is just being affected by the weather. So, I just have to see what happens in the next couple of weeks. He assured me that it's not unsafe to drive so I'm just supposed to let him know if the problem persists (which it did, yesterday and this morning). The bonus was he didn't charge me to look at it and told me that if there is anything wrong it will only be about $200 for the part, so it's not as bad as I thought.

I got home last night and was telling Bub what they told me about the car and he said "well, are you ready for a piece of bad news?". I wanted scream, but instead I told him to just say whatever it was. "Well, the basement is leaking". We have had 5 days of above 0 temps which is melting all the snow and then we had 2 straight days of hard rain so there is water everywhere outside. Luckily this leak is very small and it's coming through at the wall and running right in to the sump pump resovoir (couldn't be more perfect). There's not a whole lot we can do about it. Even my Mum said "everyone will have water coming in right now because there's just so much of it.

So... not as bad as I thought, but I still don't know what to do about the bedroom window and the paint on my car. What I would really like is a new car, but that is NOT going to happen right now. We just can't afford it. We strapped as it is.

TGIF! It's the long-weekend! :)

No comments: