Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010... as read by me

If I finish my current novel Halo, by Alexandra Adornetto, by midnight tomorrow (which I fully intend to do -hooray for vacation) my book count for the year will be at 36, not including the 13.5 audiobooks I've finished.  Although this isn't the huge totals that some of my other book nerdy friends will close the year with, I'm happy with it considering the amount of reading and work I had for school over the course three full-time semesters. 

I thought I'd round out 2010 much the same as last year... with a listing of my favorite and least favorite books of the year.

2010 has been a really good reading year.  Eight new 5 star reads, two new 5 star audiobooks and re-reads of some old favorites like Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Harry Potter (I'm currently in the middle of Half Blood Prince on audio).  Plus, I have a hella-lot of 4 star reads.  I've not really disliked anything I've read this year and I feel very lucky for that.  For a full listing of 2010 reads click here (or here for my audio list).

Favorites (5 stars) of 2010
in order read


The Dark Divine - Bree Despain

Sisters Red (Sisters Red, #1)

Sisters Red - Jackson Pearce

In the Time of the Butterflies


The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1)


Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)

Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins

The Sky Is Everywhere

The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson

How I Live Now

How I Live Now - Meg Rosoff

A Christmas Carol

A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens


The Phantom of the Opera - Gaston Leroux

To Kill a Mockingbird



Disappointments (2 stars) of 2010

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)

Paranormalcy - Kiersten White

I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith, and Family

I Just Want You To Know - Kate Gosselin

The Line (Line #1) 

The Line - Teri Hall

So... on to 2011.  With the sequels to The Dark Divine, Sisters Red, Hex Hall and Linger on the pile for this year, I'm really looking forward to it.  Now, to dig into the pile of gorgeous books I received for Christmas.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

No comments: