Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

Part I- No Spoilers

I flippin' loved this book. It's dark, it's romantic, it's exciting and most importantly, it's unique! Such a seductive read.

Yet again I've found another story told from alternating POV's that just rocks my socks. Scarlett and Rosie are so connected, and yet so different at the same time. It's really interesting to read about the bond between the sisters and their takes on different events/situations from each of their perspectives. You feel like you really get to know the characters.

I really enjoyed Silas as the male lead. His character was strong, but filled with humor, compassion and a sensitivity that made him really easy to love. I enjoyed reading all three characters.

5 stars for sure. Great read.

Part II- Spoilers
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I have to admit that after the first run in with the Atlanta Fenris, I kind of had an inkling about Silas being the Perspective. It was something in the conversation where one of them talks about thinking they had found him out in the country..... BUT, then Pearce threw me off track when they had the run in at the bowling alley. I figured, if Silas really was the perspective they would have made a move for him that night. So, the end still surprised me and all came together.

I had 2 favorite parts that I must mention:

-The first is when Rosie escapes captivity by "channeling" her sister, eye patch and all. Great writing.

-The Second is the last chapter written about the sisters separation and yet remaining deep connection with each other. There's so much emotion in those pages. Loved it.

Needless to say, I'm beyond anxious to get some info on the next book. I can't wait to see where these characters go.

1 comment:

Alee said...

Sounds like a really interesting read. I didn't read the spoilers section...because I'm heading out to find this today! Thanks for the review!