Monday, June 28, 2010

The Line by Teri Hall

Hmmm....

I'm not really sure what to say about this book. I'm not even sure I can really call it a full book since it took forever for the story to get started and then just as the excitement and actual story line kicks in, it's over. I can't even call it a "cliffhanger" because it felt like it just randomly stopped. In my opinion, there was absolutely no need to end the book where it did after just 200 pages. The story could have easily continued and I'm sure my rating/enjoyment would have been much higher.

Not much happens through this book, which I was sad about because I had such high hopes for this story. I'm totally addicted to dystopian novels and the overall idea of this one had so much potential. But alas,  I have to say that I was extremely disappointed. The first 125-150 pages just draaaaaaaged out and the same information could have been conveyed in half that. By the time the story really got going (around page 175) and I actually started caring what happened, it was basically (and unnecessarily) over.

I will read the sequel if/when it is released because I do think the story has such potential; I just hope that the author can pick-up the flow and pace of the novel so that it lives up to that potential.

1 comment:

Julie G said...

Love the review - it sums up pretty much everything I thought about the book!