Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Things I never thought I'd say....

Me and reading ???  We're taking a break.

Okay, that's only one thing, but it's true (at least were books for pleasure are concerned) and I never, ever, EVER thought I would say it.  However I'm falling majorily behind in the school department.  This semester is over at the end of the month and in that time I have a ton to do:

-Research Paper: "The Effect of the Christian Crusades on Isalm of the Middle Ages" (exciting right? no?)
-two case study submissions
-ALL the reading for my OB class.... I'm behind by about 4 or 5 chapters right now and although I don't do the reading for either of my other classes (it's hasn't helped me thus far) I actually get some use out of this text book.

....and then the kicker; studying for exams. The first is on April 1.  These exams will be crucial because:

a) I only got 76% on my macroeconomics mid-term worth  40% of my mark... the final is worth 60% and I have to get at least an 83% to get an A overall for the class.  I was so pissed about this because I felt way more confident about this exam than I did about any of my micro exams... and I got the worst mark.  Go figure.

b) I don't think I did well on my term-paper for my OB class (and I really mean not well, like not even a B) which is worth 35% of my mark, which means that I have to kick ass on that final.  We'll see what my mark is next week when the papers are returned.  I'm not at all optimistic about it though.

Soooooo.... what does all of this mean?  It means that I'm not starting another book (aside from audiobooks in the car) until I'm at least a little caught up. This may mean that I will go the entire month of March without reading a single book for pleasure, but if that's what it takes then that's what I'll do.  I have to get my butt back in gear with this school thing.  I'm letting my discipline slip.

I wonder if I'll go through withdrawls?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oi! You have a lot to do Ashley.
You'll hit withdrawls for sure, but audiobooks should hold you over for a bit. At least there is still some pleasuer 'reading' there.
Good luck this month and next with school!