Monday, January 25, 2010

T-R-O-U-B-L-E with a capital T!

Since we purchased our home about a year ago, the budget has been tight. Then when I decided to go back to school, it got even tighter (yes I’m still working, but tuition, books, the commute, and parking are expensive!). Then we had to buy a "new" car because our old one was finally no longer worth repairing and so we were once again strapped with a car payment & the budget became super-duper tight.

What did all of this mean? It meant that along with many other things, I had to stop purchasing books. I did really well. I was a regular at the library and any books that I absolutely had to own, I asked for, for Christmas or bought used/on sale, and I just stayed away from Chapters.

Then, one of the ladies on the forum that I frequent posted about this site. The Book Depository is a site where you can order pretty much any book, including international versions, with free shipping around most of the world. And the prices are fantastic.

Remember my post about not being able to get my hands on a copy of The Dark Divine? Well, I found a copy on this site for 50% off- so it was worth the wait! I also ordered a copy 2 old favorites: Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls and Number the Stars by Lois Lowry to add to my library. My total order including tax? $16.71. For three brand new books!!!

This site is going to be trouble for me. Within minutes of placing my first order, I was searching for and building a second order. I’ve made a decision not to place order # 2 until order # 1 arrives and I can ensure that there are no catches or extra charges. But if it goes like I think it’s going to, my library is about to get a whole lot bigger!



2 comments:

Tameka said...

That site is going to be the death of me! I've been purposely avoiding it because I'm trying not to spend money.

Ashley T said...

Don't fight it Pinky! Give in to the urge! hehehe