Monday, January 11, 2010

Quick Getaway

We took a spontaneous trip to Niagara Falls this weekend. And by spontaneous I mean we decided at about 2 o’clock Friday afternoon. I gave Bub a list of stuff to pack for me since we wanted to leave as soon as I was done work at 4:30, and that was that.

I, of course, had something come up at work at the last minute so I sent Bub to drop the dogs off with my Mum while I finished that up and then we hit the road. We made really good time and arrived in just a little over 2 hours (including a pee break!) and checked in to the hotel.

We hit up Mick and Angelo’s for dinner, which was really our primary reason for heading down there since its Bub’s favorite restaurant. And man… I have to admit. The Chicken Calzone is To.Die.For!!!!! We took a little drive down to the falls and through the light tour and then went back to the hotel.

The light tour- I can't take credit for this pic. I just did a google search.

We spent a good portion of the rest of the night and the following morning in the Jacuzzi. Bub just kept saying to me... “yeah, we need one of these at home”.

We got up, stopped at the IHOP for breakfast- which was nothing special IMO- and then hit the outlet mall. I came home with a super cute wrap sweater and a new hoodie.

We both love Niagara (we go a couple times a year and honeymooned there) so it was super nice to get away like that. I think it was even more fun because it wasn’t planned at all. It was totally spur of the moment, and that somehow made it more exciting.

I'm wishing I was back there right now... lazing in the jacuzzi.

No comments: