Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm just not meant to read this book...


Ever since I accidentally came across a summary of The Dark Divine by Bree Despain early last fall I’ve been dying to get my hands on it. Apparently it's just not meant to be.

It was one of the books on my Christmas list that I didn’t end up getting because my husband was done his shopping by the time it was released (Dec. 22).

My library doesn't have a single copy, nor do they have any on order.

My local bookstores and even the bookstores that I frequently pass in Toronto on my way to school never seem to have any in stock. My local Chapters shows 1 in stock, but they can't locate it.

It's too new for used book stores.

I'm not willing to pay $8 shipping for a $20 book on chapters.ca.

It's seriously TORTURE!  I don't know why I'm so intrigued by this book (beyond the stunning cover), but it's killing me that I can't read it yet. 

No comments: