Friday, January 29, 2010

The City of Bones (Immortals # 1) by Cassandra Clare


I'm a little unsure of where to go with this review, so I will keep it brief.


Overall, the book was intriguing and kept me interested enough to keep listening. To be 100% truthful, I think it was the audio narrator (I listened to this on audiobook) more than the actual story that I had a hard time with at some points. I just don't think her voice/style fit the story.... but that's just me.

This book was a little more "fantasy" than I normally read and it was certainly "out-there" but entertaining.

This morning, one of the girls on my book club asked me what I thought about it, and I said "There were some very good parts, there were a few "meh" parts and one total W.T.F. part at the end that both weirded me out and insured that I would continue with the series". I realize now that when I continue I will need to actually read the book because I have a hard time with the narrator.

All in all, I would say this book is just good. I enjoyed it, I will continue with the series, but I'm not in a huge rush.

No comments: