Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm broke this winter so...

I broke down and bought this....



The last two winters I have got myself a gym membership and alternated swimming and running 4 or 5 mornings a week, and although I'm really going to miss is this year I just can't afford it.  On top of that, we've been rocked with snow this year and running outside is just not a safe option right now. So, I had to find something to keep me busy until I can get back outside. 

I've heard good things about this and am hoping that I find it effective.  I'm worried that there won't be enough of a cardio workout (I'm sure the strength training will brutal since I don't really do any) but we'll see how it goes.  Perhaps I can start getting up in the morning and walking my dogs for the time being to supplement a little?

Regardless, it's better than the nothing I've been doing since going back to school.  My running shoes have been lonely in the closet since September and I MISS IT!  This should tie me over until I get back to running. 

I hope to start tomorrow morning... so here goes nothin'.  We'll see what all the hype is about anyway.

No comments: