Monday, December 21, 2009

Next time I got to the bar, I’m going in sweat pants.

Friday night I joined my BFF and some girls that she goes to school with (she also went back this year) to celebrate the end of term. They’re mostly from out of town so I joined them at their hotel for pre-drinks and then we went downtown.


We hit up Club Ash after our success there last time, and the friggin’ dance floor was closed!! WHAT?!?!?!?! Who does that? So we waited around for about 20 minutes and decided to move on down to The Bank. Needless to say I was loaded by the time we got there so I only bought myself 1 drink and yet somehow still ended up spending $30! How does that happen?

Anyhoo, I ran into some people that I knew, and danced with a lot that I didn’t know. And here’s where the night got weird. I was dancing with this very attractive guy who was actually a really good dancer (not just the bob up and down or grind around kinda dancer) and we’re were having a great time for a couple songs and then the next thing I know, he turns me around, gives me sexy eyes and whispers in my ear “you look like a skank”…. Um, what? I was wearing a black dress to my knees, with 3 quarter length sleeves and leggings. I was one of the most dressed people at the club. I literally said “annnnd we’re done dancing now” and walked away. He looked dumbfounded that I didn’t think his comment was a compliment! How many girls swoon when called a skank? Seriously!?!?

Then I started dancing with an old friend who was clearly completely inebriated and the night got even weirder. I’ll spare everyone the details, but it got very inappropriate, very quickly, especially since this particular friend is also an ex-coworker of my husbands. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a jealous husband in the least. He knows that I go out with the girls and that I love to dance and will dance with almost anyone… and he doesn’t care because he does the same (some people don’t get it, but we trust each other and it’s just dancing), but this was way beyond just dancing with a friend. This was groping and grabbing and yucka. I was getting a little nervous because there was a table of friends just on the other side of the dance floor who all work with or know my husband and I didn’t want them to get the wrong idea but I didn’t want to make the friend feel bad either because I know he was just extremely drunk and wouldn’t even remember it in the morning and I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it and then get all awkward with him. Eventually I got away from him and just kept my distance for the rest of the night.

I think BFF was getting a little ticked because I kept asking her to "help" me or "save" me from guys that I didn't want to dance with, but I'm just not used to it yet and don't know how to deal with it nicely.  She thinks I'm being silly, but I really don't know what to do when I get grabbed and pulled up to dance with someone that I really don't want to dance with (or worse... that doesn't know how to dance and it gets all awkward).  I'll have to remember that next time we go out and just keep my mouth shut.  I felt kinda bad about it the next morning (and I guess it's still bothering me). 
I saw two other friends that I hadn’t seen in quite a while who both had big hugs and very nice things to say to me so that made me feel better!

Anyways... here's a couple shots from the night.

All of us... see what I mean about being fully clothed compartively??



BFF and I gettin' our pre-drink on.  Not the best picture of myself.


No comments: