Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Crazy (Wicked) Christmas

Oh sweet relief… and even sweeter sleep. I wrote my last exam of the term yesterday and I now have 3ish weeks off before classes start again.

The exam didn’t go well. I just can’t wrap my head around microeconomics. I made it through the first two tests and worked my butt of to get really good marks (I went into the exam with an 83) but no matter how much I tried to study the new material for the exam I couldn’t get it. I studied Saturday afternoon, all day (11 hours) on Sunday and 5 hours yesterday morning and I still felt totally unprepared going in to the exam. If I did well… it’s pure luck from good guessing. I hate that feeling. I’m a straight A student so I’m not used to it.

I’m excited to not have to studying anymore of course, but I’m most excited to now get to really kick-off and enjoy my Christmas season. This is my FAVORITE time of year for sure. Tonight I’m going to go home after work, plug the tree and the other lights, put some Christmas music on and make my garlicky and tortellini soup. Then, we’re going to watch some of the Christmas specials I have waiting on the PVR. I can’t decide what to watch first. Here are some of my favorites:

TV Specials:

Santa Claus is Coming to Town




Garfield Christmas (which hasn’t been on in years-boo!)




Charlie Brown Christmas




Movies:

The Polar Express




A Mom for Christmas




The Family Stone





A Christmas Carol (original 50’s version)




I love them all, but those are the must-sees. So tonight I’m taking it easy and then the craziness begins.

Tomorrow night- MIL is coming over for her b-day dinner (I’m doing slow-cooker roast because it’s just so yummy and easy)

Thursday- get my shopping done.

Friday- I’m heading out on the town with a group of girls to celebrate the end of the semester.

Saturday -FIL’s 50th b-day party and drinks for a friend’s b-day if 50th wraps up early enough.

Sunday- hopefully nothing. Christmas related loveliness (music, movies, specials etc)

Monday- wrapping while Bub works late.

Tuesday- BFF’s and the “men” in their lives are coming for a holiday dinner at my place (by men, I mean- 1 is bringing her husband and the other is bringing her son).

Wednesday- finish wrapping/tentative reschedule date in case the weather is bad on the Tuesday.

Christmas Eve (Thursday)- break from work begins… dinner at FIL’s.

Christmas Day- morning with just us (Bub, me and the dogs) Dinner at my Mum’s.

Boxing Day- Bub works at 5am (oh the joys of retail) and then dinner at MIL’s.

And then we may or may not see my Dad and step-mom between the holidays. They were going to come but are not 100% sure now.
Phew! It’s going to be a crazy couple of weeks and I’m excited about every little part of it!!! I <3 Christmas and all the craziness that comes with it.

No comments: