Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009

So I’m totally gonna do the little kid thing and list all the super awesome stuff I got for Christmas:
Faves:

-a photo book for us with our wedding photos. It’s beautiful. (Mum)

-My mum recently replaced the front door on the house that we (my sister and I) grew-up up in. She took the beautiful glass from that door, had it framed and added a small engraved plate that says “A Piece of Home”. LOVE

-My Wii!!!!!!!!!!!! Bub came through with a Wii!!!!!! Bugger.   :)

Books:

Fallen by Lauren Kate (Bub)

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (Bub)

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Bub)

Shawdowland (Immortals 3) by Alyson Noel (MIL)

The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill (Mum)

Other:

A snuggie w/ a reading light (MIL)

A bathtub caddie with book holder (Mum)

Jammie pants (SMIL)

Super Mario Bros for the Wii (FIL)

A Hummer Tour (Uncle)

Harry Potter HBP (MIL)

An IOU for Sunday brunch at the Country Club (MIL)

Lots of random edible crap that is oh-so-good and that is also making me fat again.

… Okay, I’m stopping now because I truly sound like a spoiled brat. But needless to say, it was a great Christmas because, better than the gifts, we got to spend a ton of time with family and share some great food and conversation. That’s what it’s all about right?

However, it’s over. The decorations are down, the gifts have been put away and the Christmas music turned off. Because it’s my favorite time of year, it’s depressing for me when it’s over, and I mean that in the literal sense of the word. So… I try to get back to normal as soon as possible. I only wish I could cut the Christmas commercials on TV. Luckily I don’t watch enough for it to be a real problem.

I think Megan McCafferty said it best on Twitter yesterday:

“12/28/88 When Christmas is over, I want all the decorations to GO AWAY. There's something so sad about tinsel past its prime.”

You hit the nail on the head as always MM!

I hope everyone had as good a Christmas as I did and best wishes for 2010.

No comments: