Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Kick-Off

1 exam down, 2 to go.

It went well. I’m happy with it, but I do know that I shouldn’t be overly confident since there is always the chance that I didn’t interpret the questions properly, or include enough detail or….. blah blah blah. It was 5 short answer questions (identifying the significance of several key terms from the course material) and 1 essay question. I kind of panicked when I saw the key terms, but it’s amazing how, once you get writing, lots and of little details, probably worth some marks, start coming back to you. The essay I wrote was on the spread of religion and culture through Ancient Greece, Classical Rome and Europe of the Middle Ages. I know, BORING!! Whatever… I have an interest in world religions and their origins so it was information that stuck in my mind. 

What's funny is that I literally felt all the inforamion I had studied leave my brain, like a balloon deflating, as I left the exam.  I really think that if I had to go and write it again today, I wouldn't know 1/2 what I did yesterday.  It's just... gone.

I don’t have another exam until next Thursday. I plan to start studying on Sunday, but will cram most of it into the evenings next week. I need as much rest as possible this weekend since my economics exam is next Monday, is going to be a doozie, and will require an entire weekend of non-stop studying.

For better or for worse… as of 5pm on the 14th it will all be over for this term. 1 term down, 4 bazillion to go.

I’m so stoked for this weekend. It’s my official kick-off to Christmas. I have a few errands to run after work, but then I’m heading home and staying there. I plan to get all (and I mean ALL) of my cleaning done tonight and then Bub and I are making Chicken Caesars for dinner and parking it to watch some TV. I’m going to try to take the girls for a walk and read a bit as well. My stack of library books has not decreased.

Tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year. Christmas kick-off. It’s the day we blast some Christmas music (YAY), decorate the house (YAY), possibly do some Christmas baking (YAY), try to get some Christmas shopping done (YAY), make a yummy dinner and eat picnic style in front of the fire (YAY) and watch some kind of Christmas movie (YAY)!!! Can you tell that I LOVE Christmas? I may see if Bub wants to take a walk to look at some Christmas lights too.

Now, I’m just hoping that we get some snow so that it really feels like Christmas. I love this time of year.



No comments: