Thursday, November 18, 2010

Edge of Sight by Roxanne St. Claire

*First reads win, Nov 2010*


Ok- so this story gets almost 4 stars... call it 3.5. It was a really good read and I enjoyed it a lot, but there was just something keeping me from giving out that full fourth star.

The storyline was definitely a winner. Very suspenseful and intricate enough to keep me turning the pages. Sure it was a little cheesy at some parts, but we're talking about a romantic suspense, so you know there's going to be a certain degree of cheese at some point (whispering words of love in Italian during "you know what"... CHEESE).

The main characters were likeable and engaging. I didn't love Sam, but I didn't dislike her either. She was a good enough MC. And I, of course, loved Zach. The bad boy with a heart of gold, and a tortured soul. Swoon!

I think what has me hesitating is a) the supporting cast. It seemed like this book spent way too much time setting up for future books (with "The Guardian Angelinos") and it didn't seem authentic and sometimes didn't really flow with the storyline. And b) the love story evolved a little too quickly for my liking. One minute they couldn't be together and it was torturing them and then they just were and it was all happy and kisses. It was a little rushed for me.

Other than that, I really did enjoy the book. It was a nice change of pace from my last book and I couldn't wait to get home in the evenings to crack it open while soaking in the tub.

Another fun first-reads win!

No comments: