Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Book Lust and Cover Love

I'm in the process of making my annual Christmas booklist for my husband and family, which is always fun and always about 100 books long.  It's also a little frustrating because and it reminds me of just how long I have to wait for a lot of books that I'm really looking forward to.  This time last year I was trying to get my hands on a copy of Shiver, and was anxiously awaiting The Dark Divine's release. This year, my list includes books like Crescendo, Beautiful Darkness, Torment, PegasusHalo, The Replacement, Paranormalcy  and The Lost Saint.  But those are just the books that I can hope to unwrap on December 25th (or thereabouts).  I'm frustrated by the reminder that I have to wait an eternity for books like Demonglass, Forever, and Sweetly (which I found out today was pushed back to August!).  Honestly people, it's torture.  I have added a few more to my TBR list in browsing Goodreads and, I have to say, I've fallen in love.

Can I just say OH.MY.GOD. I'm in love with this cover.  Honestly.  Is this not one of the most stunning covers you've ever seen?


I came upon this kind of randomly on GoodReads, but I know that I will definitely be picking up a hardcopy for my collection, simply based on the cover art.  So gorgeous.  Luckily, the synopsis sounds really interesting as well. I'm all about retellings lately. 

Entwined by Heather Dixon-
Azalea and her younger sisters dance in the mysterious silver forest every night, escaping from the sadness of the palace and their father’s grief. What they don’t understand—although as time passes they begin to get an inkling of the danger they are in—is that the mysterious and dashing Keeper is tightening his snare with deadly purpose. Luckily, Azalea is brave and steadfast. Luckily, a handsome young army captain also has his eye on Azalea. . . . Lush, romantic, and compelling, this debut novel by Heather Dixon will thrill fans of Shannon Hale, Robin McKinley, and Edith Pattou.

I cannot wait to get my hands on this! 

1 comment:

Linda said...

I agree. That is a beautiful cover. Sounds good too.