Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sleepless in.... Barrie!

I could NOT sleep last night. I went to bed early (9:15) to read and was out before my husband came to bed. This, however, did not last. I was awake every hour or so and noticed that my throat and chest got progressively worse each time. The cold has moved from my head, down into my chest and it’s disgusting. I was tossing and turning, couldn’t get comfortable, couldn’t breathe properly (I feel like I have to concentrate on breathing in and out) and my whole body was aching. I eventually curled up in a little ball at the bottom of the bed because my dog was lying across my pillow and my husband was sleeping in the middle of the bed. I was just not in the mood to accommodate their comfort by contorting my body anymore and I didn’t have the strength to wake either of them up or to move them. So… the fetal position was the only thing that worked. Luckily, I didn’t get a kick to the head from my husband. I think I would have lost it at that point.

As I lay in a little ball at the bottom of my bed, I told myself that if I woke up one more time I would move the spare bedroom so at least I would only have my sickness to contend with an my husband and dog wouldn’t bother me anymore. Thankfully, that seemed to do the trick and I didn’t wake up again until my husband was kissing me goodbye at 5:50am (for which I could have punched him, but then realized he does it every morning and normally I don’t wake up, so it’s not his fault). At that point, I moved the dog to his side and got comfortable again. I knew that calling in sick wasn’t an option since a) I don’t get paid sick days and b) I took a sick day last month when I had my last cold. I didn’t think my boss would appreciate it. I’m kind of hoping someone will notice my coughing and puffy eyes and send me home!

We’re supposed to go to my MIL’s for dinner tonight (belated b-day dinner for my husband) and I’m hoping and praying that it’s just us so that I can go in my track pants and lay on the couch. Chances are, however, that there will be a lot of people there. If that’s the case, I may skip it and stay home. My husband already suggested that so I know he won’t mind. MIL may be pissed, but I don’t really care at this point. I’m so tired and I feel really crappy.

I’m going to go for a walk on my lunch since it’s absolutely beautiful outside today and the fresh air may make me feel better. I can’t believe it’s only 10:15 am…. Will this day never end?

No comments: