Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I feel like a bobble head doll....

Are ya kidding me? I’m sick AGAIN! I just, and I mean just, stopped sniffling from my last cold. Then yesterday I woke up with a dry patch in my throat and pressure in my head. I was in denial all day… “It’s not a cold, you just got over one… you’re NOT sick” but by the end of the day yesterday my head felt like it weighed about 3000 pounds and I was sniffling like a little kid. FRIG! When I get sick I’m usually sick for weeks. Ever after I feel better; the sniffles stick around for a long time. That’s why I’m lucky that I don’t get sick very often….or should I say I never used to get sick all that often. WTF? Oh well.. at least my vacation is more than 3 weeks away, so I’m sure I’ll have kicked it by then.


Speaking of vacation, I’m super excited. We’re heading to Kissimmee with my Mum, sister and nephew. We weren’t going to go because I really wanted us to take a trip alone, but when my mom told me she got the condo from a friend at no charge and we could cook for ourselves, it was hard to say no to. Doesn’t get much cheaper than that!!! The resort has 7 pools, 7 hot tubs, 13 tennis courts, mini- golf etc. I’m so excited to lounge for a week. Unfortunately, AF will be joining me about halfway through, but I guess there’s not much I can do about that. I think we’re going to go to Disney World (just magic kingdom) one day, and we’re definitely driving to the beach one day as well because in all the times I’ve been to Florida as a kid (my grandparents live there in the winter) I’ve never swam in the ocean. The beaches were always closed when I was there due to a storm or something.


I must book the flights today! I’ve been keeping an eye out for a deal, but the prices aren’t really changing so I just need to do it! I’m a planner, so not knowing the flight details is stressing me a little. What is with all the American airlines charging for bags? At least with the Canadian airlines you get one bag included in the price of your ticket! Too bad I can’t get a flight at the right times with any of the Canadian airlines. Bub wanted to bring his golf clubs, but its $15 bucks for each passenger’s first bag and $25 for the second! That’s crazy! It will be cheaper for him to rent clubs when we get there.

I’m meeting a friend for lunch today and am looking forward to it. I can’t sit in the office all day anymore because I go out of my mind with boredom! I’m craving chicken Caesar salad in a bad way so I must convince her to take me somewhere that I can get a BIG one!

No comments: