Wednesday, March 4, 2009

GREAT.... this will be the one thing my kids will inherit from their Dad.

EAR INFECTIONS! GREAT! My husband still suffers from chronic ear infections (poor guy). His one ear has been bothering him for a couple of weeks, but last night the pain came on with a vengence. I will give him props for the fact that he's learning (although it's taken over 8 years) that I will do whatever I can to take care of you when your sick... until you start to whine. Once I hear "hunnnnnnny.... I'mmmm siiiiiiiick" I lose all sympathy and compassion and couldn't care less how you feel. At that point, you're on your own buddy. Nothing is more annoying than a fully grown man whining. Last night, he didn't say much, he just had this pained look on his face and was holding his ear. So, I was giving him hot wash clothes and excedrin... trying to make him feel better. I don't know how he slept, but it was bad enough that he's not going to work today.
I just KNOW that this will be the one thing my kids (when I have them) will get from their Dad... and I will have many a sleepless night with kids screaming from their ear pain. I've never had one (knock on wood) but I can tell by Bub's reaction that they are non-to-pleasant. He has great pain tolerance, but even he has a hard time dealing ear pain, so I can't imagine what it's like for a kid.

I started the sales portion of my job yesterday and I LOVE it so far. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come... and that sticking out through all the stress and crap of the last 6 months was worth it?!?! I had a great day yesterday. Consistently busy, challenged, but not overwhelmed. I hopped from one thing to the next and worked a 10 hour day happily! ;) Maybe today can be the same, although I need to get to the gym so 8.5 hours would be good just for today!

Better get back to work!

No comments: