Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good weekend... but I'm a bad wife!

Friday night was date night. The first date night we’ve ever officially had. DH was in charge of planning the night and he did a great job. We got dressed up (I got to wear my new red pumps!!!!) and he took me to an amazing new restaurant for dinner. I had a vegetable spring roll and then sweet potato ravioli and it was amazing- honestly one of, if not the best meals I have ever had. We had good conversation and when we left, we headed next door to DQ for dessert! Then we parked at the (frozen) lake to eat our ice cream. The plan was to go to a movie and then for drinks at a local martini bar, but I didn’t know that. I asked if we could go home to change before the movie since I didn’t want to be in a dress and heels at the theatre and he agreed. By the time we got home with our overstuffed stomachs I was exhausted so I begged him to let me rain check on the movie and curl up in bed. He reluctantly agreed and it wasn’t until later that I found out that the movie was not supposed to be the end of the night… and he had planned on fancy drinks after. I felt terrible for ruining his plans and had I known I would have sucked it up and gone and it would have been a lot of fun. I felt soooooo bad that he had planned it all out and I ruined it. He’s so good though… he didn’t complain, he just told me later (when I asked) that he had been disappointed because he had been looking forward to the whole night all day and thought that dinner was the beginning. Poor guy.

Saturday we went car shopping and I fell in love with two different vehicles (a Mazda 3 and a Ford Escape). We can’t decide which we want. We have to agree because we only have one car so it has to be something we are both comfortable driving. It was fun to test drive all the different cars and get a feel for what we like/dislike. We were supposed to go out to a friends, friends birthday party on Saturday night, but I decided at the last minute to stay home. DH went without me and I got to lounge by myself with the dog (which I love). I fell asleep on the couch only to wake up and drag my butt up to bed.

Sunday we had to go grocery shopping but other than that, we didn’t do anything and I loved it. I told DH that I wanted his lasagna for dinner and I helped him make it…. it was soooo good (5 cheese= oh so yummy). Now we have leftover lasagna coming out the butt, but I’ll gladly eat it for lunch every day this week! I made homemade Caesar dressing too… it was good, but not what I had in mind.

Now I’m going home to make homemade pizza’s on pita bread…. I love having a husband that loves to cook!

No comments: