Tuesday, March 24, 2009

UN-BE-LIEVABLE

are you f***ing kidding me with this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVKlFT58Zwc

I suppose ignorance is bliss for some people. What pisses me off is that it's those same ignorant people that feel superior for reasons they know NOTHING about.
I'd like to point out a couple things (and please keep in mind that I am not attacking the US on a whole. These comments are meant specifically for the people in this video. I do not generalize that their opinions represent all Americans- so save that debate for someone else please).

1. I have lived in Canada my whole life and have seen a Mounty, as described, actually on duty exaclty 0 times outside of Ottawa. We have regular city (or provincial) police, just like the US has city and state police. They don't wear red and they don't ride horses. The RCMP (mounties) as described in the video, have a very limited presence across the country and you are likely to go from coast to coast and NOT SEE A MOUNTY like that, unless you enter the capital or certain, very remote, areas.

2. We're a "cold" country which makes us a "hearty people". The reference to our climate always makes me laugh. Yes, we are a four season country (for the most part) and therefore we have cold months with snow and freezing temps, however, we have regular spring, fall and summer. Last summer in my home town (Barrie, ON) the temps sat at an average of 25-30 degrees celcius (77-86 F) and gets as high and 30 or 40 + humidity for the brutal weeks of July and Aug. This is not uncommonly warm for our areas, this is summer. I do not live in snow YEAR ROUND, it is NOT ALWAYS COLD.

3. I find it interesting that this guy is PROUD of the fact that he thinks their cops have to wear bullet proof vests in the US and ours don't (which- by the way-is completely false. I know several police officers, all of whom have bullet proof vests.... but we'll let this guy think what he wants). If that was the case (and I'm 100% sure that it's not) how is that a positive for the US and a negative for Canada? Wouldn't people rather live in a country where that kind of thing was NOT required??? I know that I would.

I'm not even going to comment on the main issue, which is regarding the Canadian military. I think it's beyond DISGUSTING and I can't even begin to describe how I feel about his comments. I could go on and one and on, but I think I'll just get more pissed off. I ask one simple thing of ALL people. If you don't know what you're talking about, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! It saves you from looking like an a$$ later.

No comments: