Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Crappy cars, video games, head colds and spring thaw.

Friday night DH and I went to my in-laws for dinner. She finally got a new car (after hers was stolen in Niagara Falls a while back) so I took it for a spin and OH MY GOD it made me want a new car even more. I can’t stand our current car. BUT… I have to wait and that’s that.
I played Guitar hero for the first time that same night and got totally addicted. So much so that DH and I stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home to buy our own. We ended up getting Rock Bank instead which is even MORE hilarious. We totally can’t afford to buy crap like that right now, but I can’t wait to have some friends over for beers and play. It’s a riot! Unfortunately- that was the same night that I started feeling sick. By Saturday morning I felt like crap and it took all my power not to stick dynamite up my nose to clear my sinuses.


This weekend was gorgeous! The temps reached + 13 and it was sunny and lovely. Most of the snow in my back yard is gone, although there’s still some in the front because of the large trees (and therefore lack of sun). It was sooooo nice to have the windows open, get some fresh air circulating through the house. There’s something about being able to hear the outside world when your inside that makes you feel less cooped up. Even if it is just the cars passing by or kids playing across the street.


Saturday was a write-off because I felt like crap. I laid on the couch all day watching TV and didn’t even bother getting dressed. Sunday however was the best! I had to go in to work for about an hour so I got up showered (which made me feel better on its own) went to Tim’s and then to work. When I was done the sun was beaming and it was gorgeous so I went to the butcher and got some steaks to bbq that night. I just needed summer food. We had lunch on the back deck and then DH and I took the dog for a walk out on a country trail. It was a bit of a mistake because it was super mucky and Lola was filthy by the end of the walk, but it was so nice to be out in the mild weather and under the sun. Then I had a nap… with the windows open and breeze flowing. It was AWESOME. I sat on the deck while DH bbq’d the steaks and it was probably one the best meals I’ve had. I’m sooooooo happy that winter is coming to an end. I was coming to the end of my rope in terms of being confined to the house. I need the sun, I need fresh air and I need to be able to be outside without getting frost bite!


I’m so looking forward to bringing the patio furniture out, getting started on my gardens, pulling my flip flops out of storage and getting back to the cottage. This summer couldn’t arrive fast enough!

No comments: