Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sizzle by Julie Garwood

I went in to Sizzle with... well, lets call it an open-mind. Althought I enjoyed them enough, I wasn't overly impressed with Fire and Ice or Shadow Music (JG's most recent releases) so I didn't want to get too excited over this one. Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed it.

I really like Lyra as a character and easily rooted for her from page one. Strong, driven and courageous, but still sensitive, is exactly how I like my FMC's.

I do have to say that I didn't totally buy into Sam. There's very little development for his character IMO. I did however think he was hot and by the end of the book (read: rugby scene) he had me.

This book of course followed the same story line that most JG books (and most romantic suspense do) but I knew that going in and I like it. That's why I read them. I loved the links back to previous characters and I'm really hoping we get to hear Sydney's story soon. I love me some Buchanan brothers.

A really fun and quick read... classic JG and one that I'm sure I'll re-read in the future.  My guilty pleasure!

No comments: