Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hurry up and WAIT!

So I had the 2nd interview for that contract job I posted about last week. It went really well. I met with them last Sunday -so 1.5 weeks ago- because I was on vacation the week before and they made a change for me because they really wanted to meet with me. At the end of the interview they told me “you’ll hear from us this week with an answer one way or the other”. But then I got questions like when can you start, how much notice will you have to give your current job blah blah blah.

So, I left feeling pretty confident. Not overly confident but good enough. I was the last interview so I expected to hear fairly soon. Well, here I am a week and a half later and I still haven’t heard a thing. I know that one of the ladies was on vacation last week so I thought maybe I would hear early this week…. give them the benefit of the doubt, but nothing. I’m calling home obsessively to check my messages and get the same “you have no new messages” every time. And, I must say, the operator who recorded that says it in a very mocking tone of voice. It’s soooo frustrating. I want to know so bad because if the news is good, I’m sending my resignation letter in to HR immediately. I have to get out of here before I rip all my hair out. I’m so freaking bored.

They did this to me with the second interview too. I was supposed to hear something early and it was like a week after they told me I would hear from them that I finally got the call. I don’t know what to think, but I’m going out of my mind waiting.



Okay…. back to “work”. Actually I should say back to pretending to look like I’m working. Happy Hump Day.

I feel the need to reuse this (the cartoon from my original post while waiting to hear back about my second interview...)

No comments: