Monday, August 10, 2009

Dirty Boys and Hot Girls

Friday night I went out with my BFF for her birthday with 15 other girls. We got dressed up and went to Moxies for dinner & drinks and then headed down to “The Bank” for more drinks and dancing. We got VIP so we had a private booth and bottle service (which is fabulous but expensive). The bar is two indoor levels and then has a roof top patio that overlooks the lake. It’s freakin’ awesome. It was an interesting night. I’m saying this as girl who, not that long ago, didn’t have enough self-esteem to fill a thimble. I felt pretty good that night. I ran into someone from work who had to do a double take and then said “holy ***, you look HOT. I didn’t even recognize you”. So, I was feeling really hot, until….. I got hit on/ groped so many times I can’t even remember the final number. I literally had a guy walk up to me at our booth, say “hey” and then slide his hand from my shoulder to my ass. I just looked at him with a disgusted (yet calm) look on my face and said “um no- don’t do that”. He dropped his head and walked away. He looked so forlorn that my friend pointed and started killing herself laughing. Every time I got on the dance floor I got grabbed and yanked up (and I mean yanked) against some guys chest and there were constantly some guys hands gripping my hips. BLECH!

The BEST line of the night was when we went up to the smoking patio and this guy (who’s got to be at least in his late 40’s at a young crowd night club) says to me “well hey there” looks me up and down in a way that makes my skin crawl and then says “do you know my daughter?” I couldn’t help but bust my gut immediately and said “seriously? That’s your line? Has it ever worked for you?” He gave me a dirty look and walked away.

I don’t mind dancing with guys and I don’t have a jealous husband… he’s not crazy like that so I don’t have to worry about “getting in trouble”. We’re mature enough to know what’s worth getting angry over. It’s just dancing and most of the time it can be fun. But Friday was over the top. These guys weren’t giving me the choice, they were just grabbing and it was disgusting. I think if one more sweaty guy latched on to me I probably would have punched him! Overall though, it was a really fun night.

Saturday I went for breakfast w/ BFF and then to the mall for a bit by myself. My nephew had his end of year baseball tournament so we went to that in the afternoon and they won the championship. We grabbed Italian sandwiches on the way home and watched SYTYCD on the PVR and then I went to bed early while DH went out with some buddies.
Yesterday we slept in, went to the library, went grocery shopping and then just vegged for the rest of the day. It was soooo hot! I had no energy.

Now today, I’m back at work and the A/C is toast so it could be a long day. My car is going in for some work. It’s the big test because if it’s going to be too expensive then we’re just going to buy a new car. Ours is 10 years old and just not worth putting any more money into. I’m kinda hoping it will be too expensive to give me an excuse to buy a new car!

Becks, Lynz and Me @ Moxies

Some of the ladies in attendance at The Bank.

No comments: