Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus

Warning: This is not a good review. I don't often give reviews like this but I'm not really sure what else to say about this book:

It took me 25 days to read this book because I really wasn't a fan. Or.... perhaps I wasn't a fan because it took me 25 days to read it? Whatever the explanation, I just couldn't connect with these characters or the story at all.

Firstly the story line seemed to be all over the place and totally unbelievable. I finished the story with a sense of "um........ how did we go from point A to point E to points X and Y"? Nothing seemed to flow or really make sense with the original direction of the story. I think the author was trying to do too many things at once.

The characters were very flat and I didn't particularly care about any of them, even by the very end. And I really didn't buy the romance. In fact, all the relationships felt forced.

I really can't think of much more to say about this book other than that I'm sure it will be hitting the pile bound for the used book store and hopefully it will find someone to love it there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Send it to me! lol
I liked this one.