Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Years "Resolutions"

I never take NY resolutions seriously.  They're usually just a listing of things that I want to do anyways that I'm "resolving" to do in the coming 12 months. 

Not this year. I'm making them fun, nothing too serious, so hopefully I can get them crossed off.

1.  This one was actually Bub's idea:  Try 1 new meal or dish, never before cooked by either of us, at least once every 2 weeks (which is once per grocery shop).  We both love to cook and to try new things, but this will force us to do so.

2. Have more fun and be more social!  Stop being a hermit and go out when friends ask. Visit bestie even though she's 40 minutes away (in the boonies). Host a BBQ and bonfire with friends in the summer. 

3.  Have 3 adventures.  Ideas: take scuba lessons, go bungee jumping, go zip-lining, go whitewater rafting, go backpacking/deep woods camping/canoe tripping... something to get the adrenaline pumping.  Perhaps an encore skydive is in order?

and finally

4.  Don't take everything so seriously.  If I don't get an A on a school project, it's not the end of the world.    And ...mind my own business when it's something that doesn't concern me. I won't get upset with stuff that's not my problem this year.

So... here's to a fun 2011!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Frenchie and I try to do #1 on your list. We're good for a few months and then go back to a rut.
good luck with everythng!
I'm going ziplining in July! Can't wait! And Scuba diving is such a blast. It's a whole different world under the sea!