Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Teen Read Awards and My First Book Signing

Since I live less than an hour north of Toronto, you would think that I'd get to attend some pretty cool book signings in the city.  Well... that couldn't be further from the truth.  For whatever reason, authors and their managers/publishers avoid Toronto like the plague (really people... it's only cold here in the WINTER).  So, when I heard about the Teen Read Awards I was so super excited I couldn't contain myself.  That is, until I found out that you had to be UNDER 18 to purchase tickets.  Yep, seriously.  I was going to miss my chance to rub shoulders with the likes of:
  • Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Alyson Noel
  • Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl 
  • Kelley Armstrong
  • Alexandra Bullen
  • Carrie Jones
  • James Dashner
  • Lesley Livingstone
  • Melissa de la Cruz
  • Tim Wynne-Jones
  • Ally Carter
::tears::  Honestly I was so disappointed.

BUT, I was perusing the Upcoming Events page on Indigo.com and saw that Becca Fitzpatrick will be doing a signing at a bookstore in Toronto at noon the day of the show! 

HOORAY!  I LOVED Hush, Hush (read my review here) and am anxiously awaiting the release of Crescendo, so I'm super pumped to have her sign my copy. We're actually going out of town on Saturday for the night (family thing) but have to drive through Toronto, so I'm hoping the timing works out and we can make a stop! I've never been to a book signing before, so I'm really happy that my first one will be with an author that I'm really genuinely excited to meet.

Then Sunday is the annual Word on the Street Book Fesitval downtown Toronto.  I'm not super impressed with the list of authors posted so far, but there are a few authors I'd like to meet... so I think we'll make a stop there on the way home.  I can only hope that some of the authors in town for the Teen Read Awards will make a stop at the book festival!?!?!  Fingers crossed!!!!!

Man! I'm so excited I can't even contain myself.  I'm such a nerd!

No comments: