Monday, June 7, 2010

Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz

I have to call this one another low 3 star rating as well. This will be a short review simply because I don’t have much to say.

My problem with this book, and likely with the first, is the repetition. It seems like nothing really happens beyond, bad day at school, go to Knead to work out her frustrations (even though she’s not actually scheduled to work- which she never seems to be), some kind of scary event (strange noises, banging doors etc) followed by Ben mysteriously showing up, intense moment, Ben leaves, meet with Ben to say “goodbye” for the 1000th time… etc etc etc. It doesn’t feel like anything really ever happens beyond constantly waiting for something to happen. It’s frustrating because the book and the story line have a lot of potential.

And yet, even with the repetition, I was still intrigued enough to keep reading and finish the book fairly quickly. I will continue with the series when the third is released because I was intrigued by the end of this installment. I want to know what happens to these characters... although I can’t for the life of me figure out why.

No comments: