Thursday, May 7, 2009

One man's junk....

I haven’t had a chance to post in a while so here’s the catch-up from my last week, the Coles Notes version:

Friday: Worked later than normal, H took me out for Pita’s for dinner and they were yum yum yum! Then I just spent the rest of the night pricing and organizing for Saturday’s garage sale

Saturday: garage sale started at 7:30 am. VERY successful. We made $260!! J It was a nice little addition to our vacation spending money. I was only hoping for about $100 since it’s was a little early in the year, so I was pleasantly surprised. H and his Dad took everything we didn’t sell to the dump or goodwill! We celebrated over lunch and a pint of Guinness at a local pub with FIL (who joined us for the garage sale to sell a few of his own things). We went grocery shopping, I had a nap and then DH went out with a buddy for steak and then to the club, so I stayed home and had fish for dinner (which I can only have when H isn’t home because he hates it) and had a Twilight night…. meaning I parked my butt on the couch and watched Twilight for the 1000th time, but the first time all by myself. I moved up to the bed to read and was able to fall asleep with the bed to myself. It was fabulous!

Sunday: hmm… kind of a blur. We started packing for our vacation and then I decided that I wanted to go and see either Fast and the Furious 2 or Wolverine. We decided on Wolverine since it was playing at a theatre where matinee prices are only 4 bucks each. And might I say, Mr. Jackman… you are yum, yum, yum….that man is absolutely gorgeous! The move was ok too, but I could have just stared at him reading me the dictionary while doing push-ups and been content for 2 hours. We took the dog for a walk just before the rain started and then made amazing spinach/chicken Caesar salad for dinner and caught up on all of our PVR’d shows from the week. Grey's was awesome as always!

This week has been quiet. I’ve been running after work because for some reason I just can’t seem to drag my a$$ out of bed in the morning anymore. It doesn’t make sense because in the dark and cold of winter I could do it 5 days a week no problem, but now that it’s nice I just can’t seem to do it?? Strange. I’m far enough along in my training that I’m really having to push myself during my runs. It’s hard, but it feels good when they’re over.

I only have to get through 2 more work days and then I’m on a 10 day vacation! J I have a pedicure and my waxing scheduled for Saturday and then we fly out Sunday and I’m PUMPED. I plan to do A LOT Of reading and swimming… just general lounging.
I better get back to work, but I’m going to try to be more active today and tomorrow commenting on blogs… I feel neglectful!


And for your viewing pleasure!...

No comments: