Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

I have to admit that I was putting off reading this book. The Dark Divine was one of my favorite reads of 2010, but I read it so long ago that I couldn't really remember the details. I had every intention to re-read it but eventually I had to give in and admit that I just didn't have the time to be re-reading books.

So... I dove in to the Lost Saint and hoped for the best. For the first little bit of the book I had a hard time remembering details of the first installment, but Despain does a really good job of reminding you of the major points without re-telling the whole story.

I really enjoyed this next phase of Daniel and Grace's story. I think it was a good continuation and took some interesting twists. I had a bit of difficulty get used to the new "tough" Grace, but I think that was part of the point. She's struggling to figure out who she is and who she thinks she should be and so the reader feels some of that frustration.

The new characters are really interesting and the tension between Daniel and Grace is what kept me reading. The final scene left no doubt that I will continue with the series and really look forward to the next (and final, I think) installment.

No comments: